Join the Double Up Community
Are you interested in becoming a Double Up outlet or helping spread the word about this important program? Below are some ways you can get involved. Have other ideas or questions? Email us at email@example.com!
Help Double Up Grow
Become a Participating Double Up Outlet
Join the growing number of outlets across New Mexico supporting their communities with better access to fresh fruits and vegetables. Keep reading to learn how to become a Double Up Food Bucks outlet serving your community, about the application process and eligibility requirements, and check out our FAQ. We hope to hear from you soon!
Sign up for the Newsletter for Double Up Food Bucks updates, seasonal recipes, and more!
Get Texts from GoodFoodNM
SIGN UP TODAY & TEXT SHOP TO 21333
- Get tasty recipes straight to your phone
- Easily learn what fruits and vegetables are in season in New Mexico
- Quickly find out how to save money with shopping and food preservation tips
- Conveniently find local food shopping outlets like farmers’ markets, farm stands, and CSAs
- ….and much more!
*By providing your mobile phone number you consent to receive automated recurring text messages about local food & healthy eating from the NMFMA’s GoodFoodNM. Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text HELP for Info or Text STOP to opt out to 21333. No purchase necessary.
We are growing our network of Double Up volunteers. From connecting with shoppers to introducing community organizations to the program, there are many opportunities to get involved. Email us to learn more!
How to Apply & Eligibility for Outlets:
- Before a farmers’ market, farm stand, grocery store, or any other retailer becomes a Double Up Food Bucks participating outlet, the outlet must have a USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Permit. Apply for an FNS Permit here.
- To find more information about accepting Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), visit the USDA FNS websites for retailers and/or direct sales or farmers’ markets. These websites also provide information about staff training, vendor training, responsibilities of accepting SNAP, and consequences for trafficking and fraud.
- All participating outlets must be members in good standing of the New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association (NMFMA). Learn about the NMFMA membership here. For further assistance with membership, email Membership Coordinator Catherine Baca.
- Outlet managers must be comfortable using email regularly and signing into websites for required reporting
- All participating outlets must have a bank account in the business’s name.
- Interested new grocery stores must carry at least six (6) Double Up Food Bucks-eligible food items year-round. They should email Sarah Thompson, Double Up Food Bucks Program Manager. Grocery stores can be added to the program on a rolling basis.
- Interested new farmers’ markets and farm stands must attend the Double Up Food Bucks training at the NMFMA Annual Conference each winter. Farmers’ Markets and other direct sales outlets are added to the program on an annual basis. New applicants for the program must have an application submitted by March 1 in order to receive training and register for the program. Applicants who apply to be part of the program after March 1 will need to contact the program manager directly, and in most cases will need to wait until the following year to participate in the Double Up program.To apply for the program, outlets that are interested in participating in Double Up Food Bucks should email Sarah Thompson, Double Up Food Bucks Program Manager.
- Registrations and FNS Permits are due May 31 to be considered for participation in the current year’s program. Outlets that have registered but receive their FNS Permit after May 31 will be invited to join the Double Up Food Bucks program during the following year.
- The NMFMA may reject applications for the Double Up Food Bucks program at its discretion.
- If a store or outlet is interested in offering an incentive program like Double Up Food Bucks without participating in the program, the outlet must apply for a waiver from FNS or obtain a grant through NIFA.
Download Double Up Materials
Program flyers to distribute in your community are available to download here. Posters (11” x 17”), buttons, and other outreach materials are available to order for free from our online store.